Valerie Lang is a qualified and experienced piano teacher who has a varied background in music performance and music education, offering lessons from her music studio in Noranda, Perth WA. She is an Accredited Teaching Member of the West Australian Music Teachers Association.
Valerie has considerable experience and expertise in delivering vibrant piano pedagogy / performance lessons, general music education and community well-being programs. She has a diverse background, including University specialisations in piano pedagogy / performance and classroom music education, and attending courses related to the Kodály methodology. Additional studies include:
- early piano technique and interpretation with experts in the Netherlands and Perth
- observation (and facilitation) of singing for well-being sessions in Canterbury (UK)
- attendance at various workshops / lessons in the UK, Perth and Melbourne related to singing and choral conducting
Other experience includes facilitating singing for well-being programs for seniors in the community and teaching students with autism and special needs.
- MMusEd, UWA
- MusB(Hons) – Piano and Piano Pedagogy, UWA
- GradDipEd (Music and ESL), ECU
- GradDip Music Practitioner Studies, UWA
- AMusA, AMEB